Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Meetup!



Ellen (Acromegaly Bloggers), Wayne (AcromegalyCommunity.com) and I had a chance to meet up in SF. We had a great time. It was like meeting up with old friends for me, they're very warm and sharing people. It's very nice to have a support network online and in real life. I'd had a crazy week since I was a week late for my Sandostatin shots due to a doctor's office mix up, and I almost didn't go. But I figured if anyone in the world could understand me and my crazy, hormonal, totally irritable week it would be Wayne and Ellen. And I did end up getting lost for a few minutes in SF, and breaking at least one traffic law like normal when I go to SF. Those are like two requirements for me when I go to SF no matter how many times I've been there, and it's not on purpose either sadly! Yes I do have blonde roots :-D

I was already so thankful that Ellen has been so proactive, and is such a connector pulling together so many of us with Acromegaly on the Acromegaly Bloggers site. I've become so much more comfortable in myself dealing with Acromegaly, thanks in large part to Ellen's efforts. Wayne and I had only had a few conversations online prior to meeting. He works full time yet he manages his online community, and facebook site, he's working on a book, he's appeared on tv, and he's working on creating an Acromegaly nonprofit. Thank you so much Wayne for working so hard for Acromegalics, and getting the word out there. My post is by no means as eloquent as I'd like it to be. But if you're looking for additional support, definitely visit AcromegalyCommunity.com and Acromegaly Support on Facebook.

No comments: