Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What Do I Do??

I'm having too many of these moments lately. I find myself in a "situation" and I feel like I can't make a decision for fear of making the wrong one. In this case my doctor is really pushing BP med. My BP has been elevated to about 140/90 for the last year. I refused medication initially because I hate to take prescription meds, and I didn't do my homework. I finally researched and realized having untreated hypertension is much worse than taking medication.

I also didn't realize that many people have had success stories with homeopathic methods. So I let my doctor put me on BP prescription meds. Now that I know about the homeopathic options I'd like to try those. However my doctor really doesn't want me to be off prescription meds, she's really pushing them. I told her I'd follow her advice. But now I'm second guessing things. I guess ultimately it's my decision. Even though I respect her advice as a doctor, she is a "guide" in my health care. I don't see what's so wrong with *trying* the homeopathic course for a few weeks to months with daily checks of my BP. If that didn't work, of course I'd switch back to prescription meds. *sigh*