Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stress, Anxiety and Acromegaly


I used to stress and be anxious about what caused my Acromegaly. I think I've mostly come to terms with it, and hopefully one day I'll stumble upon the reason. As far as managing anxiety and stress, I would try medication, but I don't because I always get side effects. I've learned to pay attention and listen to my body more, learn my triggers and try to avoid them ahead of time. I avoid crowds, certain individuals that stress me (I've completely cut some friendships), shopping at certain times, driving long distance, amusement parks, small children (just screaming/cranky ones), etc. I really work on communicating my feelings, and learning what bothers me. I've learned to manage pretty well, but some days none of my techniques seem to matter! Unfortunately this means I also avoid some things I love.

No comments: