Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mini Update

I've been lifting weights a few times a week, and jog/walking a few times a week. I've done a lot of online research. I got a lot of useful information from Bodybuilding.com on proper lifting techniques, they have some great videos.

The good news is I've been feeling so much more energy. I haven't been as depressed. I still have some issues with long distance driving causing me fatigue. And I still get extremely irritable, usually the week before my Sandostatin shots, as if the medication is wearing off. I hate everyone that week :-) I've told my children, you know the drill - ignore Mommy this week, I'll probably say a lot of horrible things that I really don't mean. I can't seem to control my outbursts even when I consciously try.

I've also noticed sometimes I still get the neck pain and headache on the left side. What's worked for me is a muscle relaxant. Once I've literally knocked myself out with that so I can relax and rest for a few hours, I feel wonderful afterward. I wish I didn't need my drugs, but they can be helpful when used carefully.

2 comments:

Julie S. said...

Hi Jenny,

Nice to read that I'm not the only one who gets irritable the week prior to my shot but I also notices that I now have my period about the same time that I'm due for my injection. It really does something to me emotionally and physically. I think (actually) I know that it does cause it's very noticeable. Good for you on keeping fit. There is nothing but positive about keeping active. I'm starting to realize that I just have to listen to my body and plan around my "Acro" downtimes. So, I try not to do any social outings (cause I too hate being around people LOL). My hubby laughs at me but he does understand. I have no energy to talk or keep up with conversations when I'm having my "Acro" moments. Can you relate?

I just updated my blog and wanted to see what you've been up to?

Off I go to shower while my daughter is napping.

Take care,
Julie

Starbucks Addict said...

I'm hitting up your blog ;-) Yes our symptoms are so similar!!